9.16.2010

A strong foundation I was told is the key...

You lay asleep as I stay awake,
To watch you is a risk I,'ll always take.
To watch your heart and watch your soul,
To pray that always my heart, you'll know.

You calm my mind and ease my pain,
You make my heart sing, as the sun sit lain.

You lay asleep as I stay awake,
I pray, oh Lord, that we'll always take,
The road you pave and the winds you blow,
That plans you've already made, our baby you hold.

I watch you sleep as my mind wonders to,
the places and faces and things we'll do.
To keep so precious, the things we hold true,
To keep so precious, a love that holds me and you.

My prayers are lifted and now I can see,
Your hand in mine, and a baby to be.
So may I join you, as you sleep,
Three hearts I send, for our Lord to keep.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment