The flight to San Francisco, I saw the guy I sat next to so many times after that flight, Robin, he gave me great advice on places to go, was bursting with things to say, and reminded me that every corner you turn in that city leads to a beautiful view or is one. The grumpy old Scottist roommate who would sit with me for hours, drinking wine, singing old songs, Believing that Here Comes the Sun was truly my anthem for that moment, smoking inside, talking about underwear. Chinatown, expensive bicycles from Citizen Chain, cafes for hours, small talks with randoms, sharks in the middle of the sidewalk on a block of ice, crying and breakups, rides through nature that will forever be in my nostrils, my senses, trees bigger than homes, dirt, drug addicts, homelessness, quitting a job on a whim, and running into a pal the day i had to get my office stuff home somehow, sweet Chrissy Fields with views and beaches, Sausalito and red convertible breakfast mornings...
people love it there because you live the dream.
it is all happening.
you don't have to vacation.
I can't possibly write down two years of my life in one journal posting but I needed to remember just for a minute.
8.02.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment