
She's here... healthy and happy. It's been a little over a week now that I can call myself a mother and interestingly enough, I don't feel some crazy shift in myself. I am of course much more of a recluse these days, not nearly as concerned with going out and seeing people, but overall she and I do what I used to do by myself. This ranges from cleaning to making art to watching Rockumentaries on Netflix. We fell asleep lastnight to a nice flick about Pink Floyd. I figured whatever I felt I needed to know she should hear too. Her dad keeps himself busy outside most of the day as we try to make sense of thise phase of our life. God is in everything. From electronics to a car to tools, people will take what they can, but a spirit is something they can't touch. I pray long and hard all day long that we are safe and that she stays safe with us so that we can be a family and experience divine love in a tribal form. Fear comes up a lot for me and I think of asanas I can practice, affirmations I can write, prayers I can memorize, but all I can do is keep her close to me, stare at her while she sleeps, and occasionally give her big kisses on the cheeks in hopes that she'll show me her dimple. She's got a dimple. It felt like such a cherry on top to not only have a healthy baby girl but throw in a dimple? La Dolce Vita

No comments:
Post a Comment