2.23.2011

Meditation for the day.

The control of the palate is a valuable aid for the control of the mind. – Mahatma Gandhi

excerpt-
I first became interested in improving my diet under the influence of Mahatma Gandhi, who used to include articles on diet and health in his weekly newspaper along with all the latest political news. I had been brought up on traditional South Indian cuisine. I had enjoyed it all thoroughly, but I had never asked what the purpose of food is. At Gandhi’s prompting, I started asking this kind of question and concluded to my great surprise that food is meant to nourish the body.
I started changing. I began to eat foods that wouldn’t have appealed to me in earlier days. Now asparagus tastes better than chocolate torte.
The palate is the ideal starting point for getting some mastery over your senses. You have three, four, maybe more opportunities a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner, and any number of between-meal snacks. No need to talk of fasting or strange diets. Just resolve to move away from foods that don’t benefit your health and begin choosing foods that do.


We don´t need a better man, we need a new man. Betterment has gone on for centuries and nothing has happened. Now we don´t need any better man — enough is enough! Now we want a totally new man, discontinuous with the past.
We want to begin again as if we are Adam and Eve,
just now expelled from the Garden of Eden.
-Osho

A great lunch with Meg today.
- You are not your thoughts, you are not your mind. You are a spirit in human form having an experience.
- Your mind has a mind of its own.
- Enlightenment is realizing that you were enlightened the entire time.
- There are no others.
- Shiftng from one phase to another... abandonement. trust. control.
- Body, Mind, Soul
body- it is your vehicle through this planet, your temple, it houses your spirit
mind-
soul/spirit- it is that divine energy, God

I am not my body. I am not my thoughts. I am not my emotions. I am not my personality. I am not my things. I am not achievements. I am not my mistakes. I am a spirit having a human experience. thanks meg

No comments:

Post a Comment